- In accordance with section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, agencies that receive federal funds or provide government services are prohibited from discrimination on the basis of disability. In an effort to comply with these regulations, the school may find it necessary to develop Individual Accommodation Plans (504 plans) to ensure student and employee civil rights are protected. Parents or Park Elementary School employees may contact the 504 coordinators listed below if they wish to talk to someone concerning a 504 plan.
- School 504 Coordinator: Mr. Bert Toney, Assistant Principal (706) 628-4997
- District 504 Coordinator for Students: Dr. Milton West, (706) 628-9409
- District 504 Coordinator for Employees: Mr. Jeff Branham, Director of Human Resources, (706) 628-4206
- If a parent disagrees with school decisions, they have the right to an appeal hearing. Appeal requests are made in writing to:
District 504 Coordinator
Dr. Milton West
Harris County Schools
132 Barnes Mill Rd.
Hamilton, Ga 31811