CCGPS changes are coming this year 2012-2013. Unit 1 Number Systems. Students will continue to apply and extend rational numbers. We will learn more about integers, opposites, & absolute value. Unit 2 consist of our pre-algebra unit: expressions and equations. These two units are the foundation for a successful year in 8th and 9th grade algebra.
- Integers - Opposites, Absolute Value
- How to + - x / integers.
- Rational Numbers - how to + - x / rational numbers (fractions, decimals, integers)
- Coordinate Plane
- Convert decimals to fractionn
- Compare and order all forms or rational numbers
- Rational Numbers - Decimals + - x \
- Rational Numbers - Fractions + - x |
- Exponents x2
- Order of Operations
- Properties - Commutative, Associative, Identity, & Distributive
- Translating words into math
- Variables & algebraic expressions
- Combining Like Terms (& with distributive)
- Final Exam